When it’s the season of all things pumpkin, we make pumpkin quiche. The addition of everyone’s favorite winter gourd to an eggy ensemble of goat cheese, spinach, cremini mushrooms, and chili powder make this classic egg pie extra creamy – and extra delicious.
Serve a slice of pumpkin quiche with an herbaceous side of Sauteed Zucchini with Mint, Basil, and Pine Nuts .
- 1h 15m
- 1 quiche crust
- 4 eggs
- 1 c cream
- 2 tsp. coarse sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 c cremini mushrooms
- 3 c baby spinach
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c goat cheese
- 15 oz pumpkin puree, canned or add from recipe box
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease your quiche pan with butter and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, and mix in the cream, salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Dice the onion and chop garlic. Chop the mushrooms and spinach.
- Bring a large skillet with butter to medium-high heat on the stove. Add onion and garlic, and stir until each piece is coated with oil.
- Now add the mushrooms; cook until softened and lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted and excess moisture has evaporated, about 2 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
- Transfer mushroom-spinach mixture to the large bowl. Crumble the goat cheese into the mixture.
- Mix thoroughly, until cheese has melted and is evenly distributed.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Evenly transfer mixture to the pie pan.
- Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake quiche for 30 minutes or until set.