In this recipe, the broccoli is raw, but made with a light vinaigrette. Allowing it to sit for a few minutes breaks down the broccoli just enough, but make this your own. If you hate raw broccoli, you can lightly blanch it. Add a bit of cheddar cheese. You can even use dried cranberries if that’s what you prefer.
And one of the best things about this recipe, it packs seamlessly into a lunch box or picnic basket. It gets better when it sits for a bit and you don’t even have to worry about the mayo going bad.
Chopped Broccoli Salad with Sesame and Cranberries
- 4 heads broccoli
- 1/2 c fresh cranberries, or frozen
- 3 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- Chop the broccoli and cranberries.
- Mix everything together.
- For best results let sit for 30 minutes or so to let the flavors mingle.