This AIP compliant avocado chicken salad has us dreaming of warmer weather and picnics. Light and airy, the avocado stands in for the classic mayonnaise as a healthy, allergen free alternative.
If you are crunched for time, you could use leftover cooked chicken to be in and out of the kitchen in just minutes. This version is AIP compliant but if you can tolerate it, add in black pepper to taste and then enjoy!
Avocado Chicken Salad (AIP)
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 large avocados
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. coarse sea salt, plus more to taste
- 8 oz baby salad greens
- In a skillet over medium high heat, saute chicken in coconut oil until browned on the outside and cooked through. Set chicken aside to cool.
- Peel, pit and chop avocados. Mince green onion and cilantro, and juice the lime. When the chicken has cooled enough, shred apart or dice into half inch cubes.
- Combine all ingredients (except salad greens) in a large bowl and mash with a fork to combine.
- Season with additional sea salt to taste and serve over greens.