- 3.0 stars
- 4 oz cheddar cheese (exclude if dairy-free)
- 1 tomato
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz bacon
- 1/4 c ketchup, to taste
- Slice cheese (if using) and tomato.
- Place beef, salt, and spices in a bowl and mix to combine. Form into patties.
- Cook bacon in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Burgers can be cooked on the stovetop or on the grill. If using the stovetop, pour off all but about 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat and return the skillet to the heat. If using the grill, preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place burgers on grill or in skillet and cook for 3 minutes. Flip and cook for 3 minutes on the other side. Add cheese and cook for 1 minute more until medium rare, or longer if you prefer your burgers well done.
- Serve burgers topped with bacon, tomato, and ketchup.