- 20 oz frozen spinach
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 c ricotta cheese
- 1 c feta cheese
- 1/2 c shredded parmesan, optional
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. dried dill
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 6 phyllo dough sheet
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Using your hands, squeeze as much water as you can out of thawed spinach and place in a bowl. Finely dice onion and mince parsley. You can mince the parsley stems as well.
- Heat 1/3 of the olive oil in an oven-proof skillet, over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender and translucent. Remove skillet from heat and set aside to cool a bit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, feta, Parmesan cheese, eggs, and seasonings. Stir to combine. Add spinach and parsley; mix thoroughly.
- Add spinach/cheese mixture to skillet with onions. Mix and combine well.
- Remove phyllo dough sheets from package and lay on a flat surface, close to the skillet. Have a damp towel nearby to keep dough covered in between use. Roll up remaining phyllo dough, wrap tightly, Place skillet in oven and bake for 35 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and let skillet stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!