Simple Baked Lebanese Omelette With Yogurt Sauce
- For the omelette:
- 1 red onion
- 8 eggs
- 4 tbsp. dried parsley
- 2 tbsp. dried chives
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- For the yogurt sauce:
- 1 c Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried chives
- For the omelette: Preheat oven to 425F.
- Finely dice onion.
- Crack eggs into a medium mixing bowl. Add parsley, chives, salt, and pepper. Whisk vigorously until thoroughly combined.
- Once oven is preheated, place olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet. Place skillet in oven and heat until oil is shimmering, about 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, add onions, flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Stir to make sure onions are coated.
- Add egg mixture to bowl with onions and flour mixture. Whisk until completely combined and smooth.
- Carefully remove skillet from oven; remember the handle is hot! Pour omelette in and return skillet to oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. A knife inserted in the center should come out clean.
- For the yogurt sauce: While the omelette bakes, prepare the yogurt sauce. In a small bowl combine yogurt, lemon juice, parsley, chives, and salt to taste. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- When the omelette is done, remove from oven. Run a spatula around the outside of the omelette to loosen from pan. You can lift omelette out and place on a serving plate, if desired.
- Cut into wedges and serve with yogurt sauce on the side. This is delicious served warm or at room temperature.