Super Easy Atlantic Cod with Garlic-Herb Butter
- For the garlic-herb butter:
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp. coarse sea salt
- For the cod:
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb cod fillets
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, optional
- For the garlic-herb butter: Soften butter. Finely chop parsley and basil.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Stir until the garlic, herbs, and salt are evenly distributed throughout the softened butter.
- Transfer butter mixture to the center of a sheet of plastic wrap and form into a log. Wrap tightly and place inside the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to become firm.
- For the cod: Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat cod fillets dry with a paper towel and season both sides with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Add fillets to hot skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until they become golden brown. Reduce heat to medium and carefully flip each fillet. Top each fillet with an equal amount of herb butter and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes. While cooking, spoon the herb butter back over the fillets as it melts.
- Remove from heat and transfer fillets to individual serving plates. Drizzle with melted herb butter and garnish with some fresh chopped parsley, if desired. Enjoy!