This coconut cashew granola has nutty, toasted bits of coconut along with roasted almonds, sesame seeds, and cashews. Sweetened with applesauce and held together with cashew butter, we’ve added a splash of vanilla and a sprinkle of cinnamon for good measure.
Can’t eat nuts and seeds right now? Check out our AIP compliant coconut carrot granola .
Coconut Cashew Granola
- 1 c sunflower seeds
- 1 c slivered almonds
- 1 c cashews
- 2 c coconut flakes
- 1/4 c cashew butter
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine sunflower seeds, almonds, cashews, and dried coconut. Transfer two-thirds of this mixture to a food processor and pulse to a coarse crumb in your food processor (do not go past this or it will turn to butter). Return crumbed mixture to the bowl with the whole nuts, seeds, and coconut.
- Stir together cashew butter, vanilla, applesauce, and coconut oil until smooth.
- Pour the cashew butter mixture over the crumbed and whole dry ingredients and stir well to combine, ensuring everything is nicely coated. Spread mix over a baking paper lined tray and bake in the preheated oven for 45-75 minutes - depending on how thinly you've spread it. Break it up flip every 15-20 minutes so it dried evenly. You want the granola to be golden, but not overcooked.
- Cool completely on the tray and then store in an air-tight container.