Store bought granola is full of AIP restrictions – peanuts, almonds, added sugar, berry spices. You get the idea and frankly, you are tired of reading all the things you can’t eat. We get it. That’s why we cooked up a special version of our coconut carrot granola just for the AIP lifestyle. It’s perfect as a sweet treat or next to your protein at breakfast.
Have leftover carrots? Now’s the perfect time to try out this Carrot Ginger Soup (AIP) .
Coconut Carrot Granola (AIP)
- 3 1/2 c unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 3 large carrots
- 1 1/2 c dried cherries
- 1 1/2 c banana chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Slice carrots using a vegetable peeler. Spread over a parchment-lined cookie sheets and bake for approximate 30 min, or until crisp. Set aside.
- Pan-roast coconut flakes, one cup at a time in pre-heated pan over medium heat, until golden.
- Allow carrots and coconut to cool before combining.
- In large bowl, mix together dried carrots, coconut flakes, cinnamon, sea salt and dried cherries and banana chips.
- When completely cool, transfer to an air-tight container for storage.