There’s something about a chill in the air with the crisp smell of burning firewood to invoke a longing for comfort food in any diet. This Indian beef curry is rich and toasty, a perfect combination to satisfy even the biggest cravings.
Indian Beef Curry
- 6h 30m
- 2 lb beef stew meat
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 onions
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil, or fat of choice
- 2 tbsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1 c coconut milk
- 1/2 c mint
- 3/4 c cilantro
- 1 c kale
- Allow meat to come to room temperature while you chop/grate the garlic, ginger, and onions.
- In a large sauté pan, taking care not to crowd, brown the beef in hot fat on all sides, and transfer to slow cooker.
- Sauté the onions for 5-10 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the garam masala, turmeric, garlic, ginger and salt.
- Sauté for another 2-3 minutes until flavors begin to mingle.
- Stir in the coconut milk and combine well.
- Add onion/spice/coconut milk mix (including fat) into the slow cooker.
- Stir to completely coat the meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until meat is very tender.
- 30 minutes before the dish is finished cooking, chop cilantro and mint; stir in herbs and kale.
- Serve beef curry.