For many people, breakfast is the hardest meal to get together. Morning chores, kids schedules, lost shoes, and suddenly you have a handful of sugar cereal as you are running out the door.
These Broccoli and Ham Frittata will save your morning. Over the weekend, make big tray. The Broccoli and Ham is so flavorful that you won’t need anything else, but the magic of this recipe is that each muffin can be made however you want. Enlist the kids to help and have them design the perfect muffin for them. Add cheese or tomato. Even sprinkle some bread crumbs on top. This way, everyone can have their perfect, protein packed breakfast on their way out the door.
Reheat them in the oven, a toaster, the microwave, or even eat them cold.
If you’re looking for other on-the-go breakfasts try these Savory Breakfast Waffles.
Pro tip: These can be frozen, but it will change the texture off the eggs a bit. THey’ll last all week in the refrigerator though.
Broccoli and Ham Frittata Muffins
- 3.0 stars
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing
- 1 c broccoli floret
- 4 oz ham
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 c filtered water
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a muffin tins with oil.
- Mince the broccoli and ham finely.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, salt, pepper, ham and broccoli. Set aside.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into each tin, just to the top.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. They will look puffed and golden when done.
- Make ahead for quick breakfasts on busy days. Mini frittatas can be reheated in a toaster, oven, or even a microwave (in a pinch) - or enjoy them cold.