Everyone loves a good sweet breakfast but savory ingredients can often keep you full for longer (think protein and good fats). Have your kids help you whip up these savory breakfast waffles and they won’t even remember to turn up their nose at the “new” flavors. Plus, they are gluten free to be even more versatile!
Savory Breakfast Waffles
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1 c mozzarella cheese
- 1 c cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp. bacon fat, or fat of choice
- 1/2 c thick yogurt
- Thaw and squeeze out as much water as you can from the spinach, chop into bite-sized pieces and add to a bowl.
- Cook your bacon, and chop into bite sized pieces. Reserve a tablespoon of the bacon fat.
- Beat the eggs lightly. Shred the cheese.
- Rice your cauliflower and add to the bowl along with the beaten eggs, cheeses, onion powder, garlic powder and bacon pieces.
- Mix well.
- Grease your waffle iron according to manufacturers directions.
- Add the mixture to your waffle iron and make as you would regular waffles.
- Serve topped with a dollop of thick yogurt.