Chocolate Bark is downright delicious, but those store bought versions can be just a little too sweet and full of more preservatives. Try your hand at making them yourself. It’s actually pretty simple. Make several trays. Keep them in the fridge and bring them along to all of your holiday events. Even put them in little boxes and give them as gifts.
If you’re looking to make more simple holiday sweets, give these Almond Boys a try.
White Chocolate Bark with Pistachios & Cranberries
- Seeds scrape from 1 vanilla bean (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c shelled pistachios
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 2 c cocoa butter
- 3/4 c raw honey
- Prepare a jelly roll (lipped baking pan) with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Melt the cocoa butter in a double boiler (make this by placing a metal or pyrex bowl over a saucepan of boiling water).
- When liquid, remove cocoa butter from heat, add the raw honey, vanilla extract, and vanilla seeds and whisk until smooth.
- Allow to cool in the fridge, whisking frequently and keeping watch until the mixture begins to congeal.
- Using an immersion blender, blend while the cocoa butter is still soft.
- You should now have a thick, almost pourable, definitely spreadable chocolate.
- Stir in the pistachios and cranberries and spread into an even layer on the parchment prepared sheet.
- Chill in fridge until firm.
- Cut or break the bark into 1 – 2 inch pieces and serve. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.