Smothered Mediterranean Pork Chops
- 1/4 c kalamata olives
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 lb boneless pork chops
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 3 oz crumbled feta cheese
- Remove pits and halve olives. Halve tomatoes. Peel and thinly slice onion. Chop parsley.
- Remove pork chops from refrigerator and pat dry with a paper towel. Lightly season both sides of each chop with garlic powder, and salt and black pepper, as desired. Set aside.
- Whisk together half of the olive oil with lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and thyme in a large bowl. Add the kalamata olives, tomatoes, and feta cheese and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Add 1/4 of the olive oil to a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add the red onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens and starts to develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add remaining olive oil and the seasoned pork chops to the skillet. Cook until the chops are golden brown on each side.
- For 1 inch pork chops: Sear chops in skillet for 7 minutes on each side, until an internal temperature of 145F is reached.
- For ¾ inch pork chops: Sear chops in skillet for 5 minutes on each side, until an internal temperature of 145F is reached.
- For ½ inch pork chops: Sear chops in skillet for 2-3 minutes on each side, until an internal temperature of 145F is reached.
- Pour the seasoned tomato and feta mixture into the skillet and nestle it in amongst the chops. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 2 minutes, or until the tomatoes and olives are warmed through and the feta starts to melt.
- Remove skillet from heat and rest for 5 minutes. Remove cover and serve immediately garnished with fresh parsley, if desired. Enjoy!