Shrimp and Artichoke Linguine
- 1/2 lemon, optional
- 14 oz artichoke hearts
- 12 oz linguine
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 c white wine, or chicken broth
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Zest and juice lemon. Drain artichoke hearts and roughly chop.
- Prepare linguini according to package directions. When pasta is done cooking, drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Place pasta back in cooking pot and cover to keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine and lemon juice.
- Place shrimp and artichokes in skillet and cook until shrimp are pink, about 3 minutes. Stir in lemon zest.
- Add butter and stir to melt into sauce.
- Place linguini in skillet with sauce and toss, using tongs. Add parmesan cheese and toss again. If pasta is too dry, add reserved pasta water, a little at a time, until sauce is the right consistency.
- Divide pasta among bowls and serve with extra parmesan cheese on the side for sprinkling.