No FODMAP Baked Potato
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Position rack in upper third of oven. Preheat oven to 400F.
- Scrub the exterior of the potatoes well, removing any dirt. Dry thoroughly. Prick in several places with a fork to prevent rupturing. Rub the exterior with a little olive oil.
- Place potatoes directly on oven rack. (Alternatively, you can place them on a rack-lined sturdy sheet pan). Bake for about 40 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a knife, going all the way to the center of the potato.
- Remove from oven, split lengthwise on the top, going about halfway down into the potato flesh, then use fingers to pinch open. Season with salt and pepper and serve. You can also add a drizzle of olive oil and they will still be no FODMAP.