Looking for a recipe for entertaining this summer? Hunt down the best crab meat you can locally source and make these Maryland crab cakes. Delicate and moist, this recipe leaves behind the processed ingredients and highlights the flavor of the crab by using just a few seasonings.
Have a few extra minutes and want to really impress your guests? Make your own mayonnaise by following the recipe here. You likely have the ingredients on hand already!
Maryland Crab Cakes
- 1 lb lump of crab meat
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 2 tsp. fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 1 lemon
- Carefully remove any cartilage or shells from crab meat.
- In a large bowl, mix almond flour, mayonnaise, Old Bay seasoning, parsley, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and egg until well blended. Stir in crabmeat.
- Shape into patties, one per serving.
- In a heavy bottomed frying pan over medium high heat, melt coconut oil until shimmering. In small batches, sauté both sides of each cake until golden brown.
- Cut lemon into wedges.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon, and extra Old Bay seasoning to taste.