Low FODMAP Fluffy Pancakes
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder, use gluten-free if following a gluten-free diet
- 1 tsp. baking powder, use gluten-free if following a gluten-free diet
- 1/2 tsp. table salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 3/4 c lactose-free whole milk, at room temperature
- 1/4 c unsalted butter, melted then cooled to just warm
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- cooking spray
- 2 c low FODMAP gluten-free all-purpose flour that contains xanthan gum, such as Bobs Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a large mixing bowl until aerated and combined. Make a well in the center.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet to the dry and whisk until almost completely smooth; do not overbeat. It is OK if there are a few lumps (but this is not as vital as when making pancakes with regular all-purpose flour).
- Heat electric griddle, heavy skillet, or nonstick pan. Coat with nonstick spray and heat until a few drops of water dance. Dole out 1/4 cup amounts of batter at a time (we use an ice cream scoop) and cook over medium heat until bubbles begin to appear here and there, about 1 to 2 minutes. The bottoms should be golden brown.
- Flip over and cook for about 1 minute more or until that side is golden brown as well. Serve hot.