Italian Meatball Sandwich
- 24 oz frozen meatballs, Italian or homestyle
- 2 bell peppers, any color
- 2 onions
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 32 oz marinara sauce
- 4 hoagie rolls
- parchment paper
- 8 oz provolone cheese, or mozzarella - omit for dairy free
- Bake meatballs in oven per directions on package.
- Slice peppers and onions. Slice provolone cheese, if needed.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onions and cook for 10-15 minutes until tender and starting to brown.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and pour marinara sauce over peppers and onions and stir to combine. Let simmer for a few minutes to warm sauce.
- When meatballs are baked, add to the sauce/veggie mixture and stir.
- Slice hoagie rolls open, if needed, and spoon meatball/veggie mixture into rolls. Top each sandwich with cheese slices and place on parchment-lined baking sheet or in a baking dish.
- Turn broiler on and place baking dish under broiler for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Keep an eye on the sandwiches so they don’t burn.
See what other people are saying about Italian Meatball Sandwich
No reviews just yet. You can be the first!