Hummus Grilled Cheese
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tomato
- 4 oz provolone cheese, or smoked mozzarella
- 8 slices bread
- 1/2 c hummus
- 1 1/2 oz baby spinach, or arugula
- Allow butter to come to room temperature. Thinly slice tomato. Slice cheese.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Place half the bread, butter side down, in skillet. You may need to make the sandwiches in batches.
- Spread hummus on each slice of bread. Top each with spinach leaves, tomato slices, and cheese slices. Place remaining bread slices on top to make sandwiches.
- Cook sandwiches on each side for 3-5 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted. Enjoy!