Hearty Cobb Salad (V)
- sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 eggs
- 1 head romaine
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 c cooked black beans
- 3 oz blue cheese
- 1/2 c kalamata olives
- Boil enough water to cover your eggs in a pot.
- Once your water is boiling, use a spoon to gently drop in eggs so that they do not crack. Boil for 10 minutes, then drain the hot water from your pot.
- Place the pot of eggs in the sink add a scoop of ice and cold water and allow them to sit for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Wash and shred the romaine lettuce. Peel and slice the avocado and slice hard-boiled eggs. Dice the tomatoes.
- Whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, and mustard in a small bowl.
- Toss the lettuce with the dressing and place on a large platter.
- Arrange the remaining ingredients atop the dressed lettuce, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
More Recipes Like This