Deceptively simple. Utterly luxurious. What’s not to love about an unctuous cake of corn, garlic, butter, and Parmesan cheese? Crockpot polenta is Old World peasant food – or porridge – that’s made with a modern-day twist: your slow cooker.
Straight out of the crockpot, polenta is spoonable and creamy. This makes it the perfect base for BBQ Pork Ribs . Or – cut the polenta into sweet little squares, fry it, and pile high with Bacon Mushroom Meatballs in Fire-Roasted Tomatoes .
- 4.0 stars
- 9h 15m
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 4 oz parmesan cheese
- 1 qt chicken stock
- 1 c sprouted corn flour
- coarse sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Grease the walls of the slow cooker with 1 T. of the butter.
- Mince the garlic and peel and chop the onion. Grate the parmesan cheese.
- Measure remaining ingredients except the parmesan cheese; add to slow cooker with remaining butter.
- Stir well; cover and cook on low for 6 to 9 hours (3 to 4 hours on high), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the slow cooker and stir in the parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer polenta mixture to a greased loaf pan. Chill thoroughly, then cut into 1/4-inch slices and fry in butter until browned.