Creamy Parmesan Pasta with Spinach
- 5.0 stars
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil
- 16 oz fettuccine, or pasta of choice
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 c shredded parmesan
- Chop the spinach and basil.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add pasta, minced garlic, and a big pinch of sea salt. Cook the pasta just until tender and then save 1 cup (per 4 servings) of the drained pasta water. Set pasta aside.
- Add butter and cream to the same pot and warm it over medium heat.
- Once it is warm, add pasta and about 1/2 cup (per 4 servings) of the reserved pasta water back into the pot and toss gently to coat the pasta well.
- Add basil and spinach leaves, and heat until wilted.
- Season with sea salt and pepper and cook over medium low heat for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in Parmesan and remaining water as needed in order to create a creamy sauce that coats the pasta.
- Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve.
Easy, yummy. This took me about 30 minutes from start to clean up with time to do other things in that time. Very easy to make and my teen sons loved it. I like that it gets the veggie in there too. They loved it so much I may try it again with GF noodles so I can try it too!