Creamy Parmesan Pasta with Spinach
- 5.0 stars
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil
- 16 oz fettuccine, or pasta of choice
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- sea salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 c shredded parmesan
- Chop the spinach and basil.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add pasta, minced garlic, and a big pinch of sea salt. Cook the pasta just until tender and then save 1 cup (per 4 servings) of the drained pasta water. Set pasta aside.
- Add butter and cream to the same pot and warm it over medium heat.
- Once it is warm, add pasta and about 1/2 cup (per 4 servings) of the reserved pasta water back into the pot and toss gently to coat the pasta well.
- Add basil and spinach leaves, and heat until wilted.
- Season with sea salt and pepper and cook over medium low heat for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in Parmesan and remaining water as needed in order to create a creamy sauce that coats the pasta.
- Adjust seasonings to taste. Serve.