Coconut Curry with Chicken and Snap Peas
- 2 onions
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 1 lb snap peas
- 5 tbsp. coconut oil
- 5 tsp. minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt, or to taste
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 tsp. red chili flakes, optional
- 2 c chicken broth
- 15 oz coconut cream
- 2 c cooked chicken
- 1 tbsp. arrowroot
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1/4 c cilantro
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Chop the onions. Peel and grate the ginger. Wash and trim the sugar snap peas.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot on stove, add coconut oil, onions, garlic, ginger, and salt and cook on medium heat until soft and fragrant.
- Steam snap peas in a pot with a shallow layer of filtered water. Remove from heat when bright green and run under cool water. Set aside.
- When onion mixture begins to soften, add all of your dried spices and cook while stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and coconut milk to curry mixture. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Shred the chicken and add to the curry; heat through.
- Mix the arrowroot powder with the filtered water and slowly pour in arrowroot water mixture and stir until slightly thickened.
- Chop cilantro.
- Turn off stove heat; add lemon juice.
- Serve chicken, scoop on curry sauce, top with steamed snap peas, and garnish with cilantro.
See what other people are saying about Coconut Curry with Chicken and Snap Peas
No reviews just yet. You can be the first!