Breakfast potatoes reminiscent of what you would find at an old school diner – eggs made to order, with a side of potatoes, and delicious homemade gravy.
If weekends are sacred in the midst of a weekly bustle and rush, whip up these potatoes. Pair them with perfect cheesy scrambled eggs. And then sit down and really savor them.
- 2 1/2 lb red potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 whole onion
- 1 whole green bell pepper
- 1 whole red bell pepper
- 4 oz butter
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Cut potatoes into chunks. Mince the garlic. Peel and roughly chop the onion. Deseed and roughly chop the peppers. Melt the butter.
- In a large bowl, toss together the potatoes, garlic, onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, olive oil, butter, seasoned salt, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper.
- Pour potatoes onto two rimmed baking sheets. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes flipping the potatoes once or twice.
- Raise the heat to 500F and bake until crisp and brown, 15 to 20 minutes, tossing twice.
- Sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper before serving.