Ready for a crisp nip in the air? As parents begin to shuttle their kids off to school and with autumn just around corner, there’s no better time to think about full bellies. And a warm stack of apple cinnamon pancakes.
With crisp edges and bits of apple in each bite, no one will even realize you made these cakes with gluten-free flour. The aroma of melted butter and cinnamon spice drifting through the air kicks off a season of cozy vibes.
For a little extra protein and that sweet-salty balance – serve your apple cinnamon pancakes with a plate of Maple Chicken Breakfast Sausage (AIP) .
Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 1 c almond flour
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 c milk
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 large apple
- maple syrup, to taste
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Chop the apple finely and fold the apple in.
- Heat the skillet on medium-high heat and grease with half of the butter.
- Place small rounds of batter on hot skillet and cook until done on one side. Flip and finish cooking. (Note: if you make these very large, they will easily fall apart)
- Serve with liberal amounts of butter and maple syrup to taste.