Got a cookie monster in your family? Even if your tribe gobbles up these apple carrot breakfast cookies for a quick breakfast, you can rest assured their day is off to a great start.
Oats, carrots, apples, and pecans give a toothsome bite to each cookie and enough slow-burning fuel to keep energy levels steady. The healthy fats in shredded coconut and butter along with a smidgen of honey means that you don’t have to sacrifice taste for nutrition.
So, go ahead – pair these cookies with our Zingy Raspberry Grapefruit Protein Smoothie and get your happy dance on!
Apple Carrot Breakfast Cookies
- 5.0 stars
- 1 apple
- 1/2 c pecans
- 1/4 c honey
- 8 tbsp. butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c shredded coconut
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 3 c rolled oats
- 2 carrots
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, pulse half of the rolled oats into a fine flour.
- Shred the carrots. Peel and finely chop the apple. Chop the pecans. Set all this aside. If your butter is hard, allow it to soften.
- In the bowl of a stand-mixer (you can also use a large bowl and wooden spoon), on medium speed with the paddle attachment, beat together the honey and butter until creamy. Add the eggs and beat on medium speed for 30 seconds, until the eggs are incorporated into the butter/honey mixture.
- Now it’s time to add the remaining ingredients: rolled oats, oat flour, shredded carrots, chopped apple, chopped pecans, shredded coconut, ground cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Over low speed, combine the ingredients until the dough is wet and sticky.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten the cookies slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown. Cool before serving.