Strawberry citrus soup is every bit of a dessert as it sounds – and not to be confused with fruity, chilled soups of the Gazpacho With Shrimp variety that are decidedly savory.
You can file this recipe under dessert. Sweet, creamy, and tart. Strawberry citrus soup is a medley of thinly cut strawberries and fragrant mint surrounded by a pool of honey and lime-spiked coconut milk.
We suggest serving up light and luscious bowls of strawberry soup after a round of Philly Steak Lettuce Cups (AIP) .
Strawberry Citrus Soup
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- 8 oz coconut milk
- 1 c mint leaves
- 2 tbsp. raw honey, plus more to taste for servings
- 2 c strawberries
- Juice the orange and squeeze 2 T. lime juice.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk, orange juice, and a third of the raw honey until well combined.
- Slice your strawberries as thinly as possible and dice mint leaves. In a separate bowl, combine sliced strawberries, mint, lime juice, and the remaining raw honey. Refrigerate bowls for 2 hours, stirring once.
- To serve, spoon coconut milk mixture onto strawberries and stir. Garnish with more fresh mint.