Slow cooker roast chicken – perfected with hints of lemon, piney notes of rosemary, and garlic – is something you may find yourself making again and again. The simplicity. The ease. The RESULTS.
Slow cooker roast chicken is the kind of recipe that keeps on giving.
After you’ve stripped your roast chicken of its meat, maybe using leftovers for Chicken and Bacon with Spinach , save your bones. Then, make a rich bone broth that will serve as the base for a delicious bowl of Carrot Ginger Soup (AIP) .
Slow Cooker Roast Chicken With Lemon And Garlic
- 3.7 stars
- 4h 30m
- 4 heads garlic
- 2 lemons
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tbsp. coarse sea salt
- 2 bunches rosemary
- Cut garlic heads and slice lemons into rounds. Lay half of garlic and lemon slices in bottom of slow cooker.
- Remove insides from chicken; rinse chicken and pat dry. Stuff inside of chicken with some garlic and lemon. Season chicken well, inside and out, with sea salt.
- Lay chicken in slow cooker and top with remaining lemon, garlic, and the fresh rosemary.
- Turn slow cooker to high, and cook for about 4 hours, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees when tested with a meat thermometer (slow cooker cooking times vary).
- When fully cooked, turn off slow cooker and let chicken rest for about 15 minutes.
- Optional but recommended step: Preheat broiler to high. Carefully transfer chicken in pot under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until skin is golden brown and beginning to crisp.
- Remove chicken from either slow cooker or oven and carve. Strain liquid from slow cooker and serve over chicken.