Customize your meal plan
Customizing your Meal Plan is probably the most important thing you can do to ensure that the recipes that Real Plans generates for you will meet your needs. Customizing your plan includes setting your dietary preferences, as well as choosing your scheduling options.
If you are using the website, you will follow the steps below.If you are using themobile app, please clickhere.
To customize your dietary restrictions in calendar meal planning(all diet types except Whole30*):
- Click thegear iconin the upper right corner of the website (this is where you access your Settings)
- Select My Meal Plan
- This opens the Diet and Schedule page where you can specify dietary restrictions as well as make adjustments to your schedule.
*If you are doing aWhole30 and you need a help customizing your meal plan, visit ourSetting Up Your Whole30 Meal Plansupport page.
Select your diet type
- Select your preferred Diet Type from the dropdown box.
- While you can only select one diet type at a time, you can personalize that diet type by excluding individual ingredients and/or entire food groups using the advanced dietary restrictions settings, as detailed below
- Clickherefor explanations of our Diet Types.
Set dietary restrictions
If you have food allergies or choose not to eat certain foods in addition to the preset exclusions you can set up your dietary restrictions:
- Click on Advanced dietary restrictions
- To exclude an entire food group
- Highlight each food group you want to exclude
- Click on the arrow to move those food groups to theExcludedlist
- To exclude an individual ingredient:
- Enter the food you wish to avoid in the box under Find Ingredients to Exclude
- Click Find Variants
- Select the specific ingredients you want to exclude
- Click on the arrow to move those ingredients to the Excluded list
Clickherefor a detailed explanation of each food group.
Note: Keep in mind that excluding foods does limit the number of recipes available for the meal planner.
- Click Save again at the bottom of the Diet and Schedule page to apply your changes.
- If you would like to change between simple meal planning and calendar meal planning, please click here.
- If you want to also make some changes to your schedule, check out this article.
Confirm your changes
Update my plan
- Applies your changes to the current week and future weeks
- This removes all of the recipes on your meal plan, including the current week, and schedules all new recipes using your new settings
Update my future plan
- Applies your changes on the following week’s meal plan
- The current week will not change
If you need assistance, please send us an email at support(at)realplans.com.