I made this recipe for a potluck and when I told my friends that I brought a kale salad, I got the expected polite remarks followed by a palpable lack of enthusiasm. As the end of the party, however, the salad was long gone and over the next few days I had several requests for the recipe.
The magic is in the simplicity. The slight acidity of the dressing perfectly softens the kale and the bit of almond flour at the end makes it so you don’t even miss the bread crumbs.
Are you looking for more dairy free salads? Try this Spinach Mint Salad with Almonds.
True Food Kale Salad (DF & GF)
- 5.0 stars
- 1h 15m
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. coarse sea salt, plus more to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 bunches black lacinto kale
- 1/2 c almond flour
- Juice the lemon and mash the garlic.
- To make dressing, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and a pinch of hot red pepper flakes in a large bowl.
- Finely chop the kale and remove stem and tough central ribs. Add chopped kale to the bowl with the dressing.
- Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour in the fridge, preferably overnight.
- Before serving, add almond meal, and toss again.