If you’re looking for the perfect weeknight dinner. You can throw everything into the slow cooker in the morning and when you get home, just thicken the sauce with some arrowroot and serve it with the steamed broccolini and (cauliflower) rice.
This is a recipe that you’ll want to double (or triple). The leftovers are amazing, even cold for lunch.
Pro tip: If you can’t find short ribs, try boneless chuck roast and cut it into 2-inch chunks.
Serve this with a side of cauliflower rice.
Slow Cooker Asian Short Ribs with Broccolini and Carrots (Paleo)
- 4.0 stars
- 7h 45m
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 carrots
- 4 green onions
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 1/2 c coconut aminos
- 1/4 c raw honey, plus more to taste
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 4 lb beef short ribs, (2 ribs per person)
- 2 tbsp. arrowroot
- 4 tbsp. filtered water
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- Peel and mince garlic. Peel and grate ginger. Crush red pepper. Peel and cut carrots into chunks. Peel and finely chop green onion. Rinse broccolini and cut tough ends off.
- Combine the coconut aminos, raw honey, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes directly in the slow cooker. Add the short ribs and carrots and arrange in a single layer.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until the meat is tender and easily pulls away from the bone.
- Transfer the short ribs and carrots to a serving plate.
- Turn the slow cooker to high. Mix arrowroot powder and filtered water.
- Whisk arrowroot mixture into the cooking liquid and cook for several minutes until thickened. Stir in the sesame oil.
- Steam the broccolini until bright green and tender.
- Turn slow cooker down to warm and replace short ribs and carrots in the slow cooker until ready to serve.
- Serve short ribs and veggies over broccolini topped with extra sauce and green onions.