Sesame Lime Shrimp Salad and Cucumber Salad
- 4 cucumbers
- 2 lb medium shrimp
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 4 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/3 c mayonnaise
- 1/3 bunch cilantro
- 2 red jalapeño peppers, optional
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- Cut the cucumbers in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Using a sharp knife or slicing tool, cut the cucumbers into ribbons. Peel and devein the shrimp. Season with sea salt.
- Heat sesame oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the shrimp, in batches if necessary, and cook, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a cutting board. Roughly chop the shrimp and transfer the shrimp and juices to a large bowl or platter.
- Chop cilantro. Deseed and mince the jalapenos.
- Add the cucumber, and remaining ingredients to the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.