Falling off the bone and tender, these maple glazed short ribs are marinated in a sauce with the perfect balance of sweet and savory. Then they cook low and slow for hours.
Which means you can spend the day doing #allthething and then come home to a meal you won’t soon forget. Whip up a dish of coleslaw and sweet potato fries the night before to make the afternoon even easier.
Maple Glazed Short Ribs
- 4.3 stars
- 8h 15m
- 1/2 c sucanat, (or coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp. ground sage
- 1 tsp. ground thyme
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. maple extract, optional
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 3 lb beef short ribs
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- Preheat slow cooker to high.
- Mix all ingredient aside from the short ribs and maple syrup in a wide shallow bowl.
- Rub each beef rib well with the rub. Place in a single layer in slow cooker.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or until the meat falls easily off the bones.
- To finish, preheat broiler of oven. Transfer ribs to a baking dish, without extra fat in the bottom of the slow cooker. Drizzle ribs with maple syrup and place under broiler for about 3 minutes to crisp.