Beef Stir-Fry with Summer Veggies
- 3/4 orange
- 1 1/2 inches fresh ginger
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 3 carrots
- 6 oz snap peas
- 1/3 c coconut aminos
- 3/4 tsp. arrowroot
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 1/2 lb flank steak
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- Juice orange. Peel and mince ginger. Cut zucchini, squash, and carrots into matchsticks (or use a mandoline slicer). Trim the ends off the snap peas.
- In a small bowl, add coconut aminos, orange juice, and arrowroot powder, and combine well.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat half of the coconut oil over high heat.
- Slice the flank steak thinly and cut into 1 inch pieces. Season the pieces with sea salt and ground pepper. Add the pieces to the hot pan and quickly sear on all sides for about 3 minutes total - meat should be browned but still rare on the inside. Transfer to a plate.
- Return the pan to high heat; add the remaining coconut oil and all of the garlic and ginger. Stir for about 1 minute to release the flavors without overcooking. Add the zucchini, squash, carrots, and snap peas and stir-fry for about 4 minutes.
- Add the steak and sauce mixture. Cook, stirring often until sauce thickens slightly, about 3-4 minutes. Serve.