Dig into this Thai chicken bowl for lunch and fulfill your craving for crunchy and sweet all at the same time. Plus, with no soy sauce, this version is Paleo-friendly. Serve over cauliflower rice for an even more authentic feel.
Not into peas and Paleo? No worries – simply swap them out for broccoli or your preferred veggie.
Thai Chicken Bowl
- 2 carrots
- fish sauce, to taste
- 2 c shredded chicken
- 3/4 c green peas, frozen or fresh
- 1 c chicken stock
- 1/2 c cilantro
- 1/2 c cashews
- 4 green onions
For the sauce:
- 1 lime
- 4 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. coconut milk
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. coconut vinegar
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- 1 tbsp. cashew butter
- Dice the carrots and green onions. Chop the cashews and cilantro. Juice the lime. Peel and grate the ginger. Chop the garlic.
- Boil diced carrots in 1 cup of chicken stock for 6-8 minutes.
- While carrots are cooking, combine all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Once carrots are cooked, boil 2-3 more minutes. Drain out excess stock and stir in the sauce. Toss well to coat.
- Stir in peas and continue cooking until peas are cooked. Add shredded chicken and green onions.
- Taste and season with fish sauce to your preference.
- Toss in half of the cashews and cilantro, then serve in a large bowl, topped with remaining cashews and cilantro.