Got leftover classic pot roast ? Put those leftovers to good use with shredded beef chili.
If you’ve always made chili with ground beef – and never shredded – you’re in for a treat. In spite of the very long cook time a tough cut of meat demands, shredded beef falls apart in perfectly juicy strips. It’s also packed with flavor.
Serve with slices of avocado, a generous pinch of fresh cilantro, and some cauliflower rice. Yuca Plantain Flatbread (AIP) works too.
Shredded Beef Chili
- 2 c shredded beef
- 1 onions
- 2 sweet peppers, (bell or Italian any color)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. lard, or tallow
- 3/4 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 oz tomato paste
- 2 c beef stock, or chicken stock
- 3/4 tsp. coarse sea salt, to taste
- Chop onions, peppers, Mince garlic.
- In a large stockpot, sauté onions in fat and sea salt.
- Add garlic and spices.
- When onions are translucent, add peppers.
- In the same pan, warm the shredded beef over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and stock.
- Adjust seasoning to your preference.
- Serve immediately - or allow to simmer for several hours to combine the flavors.