Finding a delicious, gluten free make ahead breakfast can be challenging in a world of freezer waffles and shelf stable muffins. These paleo compliant make ahead breakfast burritos use coconut flour tortillas and keep well in both the fridge and the freezer for busy mornings.
Burritos not your thing? We have you covered with these Cassava Crepes (also freezer friendly!)
Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos (DF & GF)
- 5.0 stars
- 1/2 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 c cilantro
- 10 oz breakfast sausage
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 8 eggs
- 12 coconut flour tortillas
- Finely mince onion, pepper, and cilantro.
- Cook breakfast sausage in a pan over medium high heat until no pink remains. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Keeping fat in pan, add half of the oil and saute bell pepper, onion, salt, and pepper or until the veggies begin to soften.
- Transfer to the bowl with the sausage.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add remaining oil to the pan and once it is hot, pour in the eggs.
- When the eggs begin to set on the bottom of the pan, use a spatula to gentle lift them away from the sides. While the eggs are still runny add the cooked sausage and veggies. Cook for a minute or two more and remove from the heat. Eggs should be cooked through but still wet. Stir in fresh cilantro.
- To roll burritos, add about 1/2 cup of filling to the center. First fold the sides inward, then roll.
- You can either eat them immediately, place in the refrigerator for the next day, or individually wrap them in parchment then foil and place them in a baggie in the freezer.
- To reheat, place in toaster oven for 5-7 minutes or warm in a pan with a lid.