Pumpkin and chocolate. Mix them together and put them in a bread. Really, why wouldn’t you. This is a perfect fall treat. Double or triple the recipes, or use mini loaf pans and bring them to your friends holiday parties. This recipe is dairy and gluten free so almost everyone can enjoy it.
For the pumpkin puree, just follow the Real Plans recipe on making pumpkin puree. Or used your favorite canned product. You can even use squash.
For a little more fall goodness, try making our Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Cookies. Yup. Breakfast cookies.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread (GF)
- 1h 15m
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 3/4 c coconut sugar, or sucanat
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. fresh nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 3/4 c pumpkin puree, or squash*
- 1 1/2 c almond flour
- 1/2 c dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a loaf pan thoroughly with coconut oil.
- Cream together coconut oil and coconut sugar or sucanat.
- Beat in eggs.
- Stir in vanilla, spices, baking soda, and salt. Add the pumpkin puree or squash.
- When well combined, add the flour and chocolate chips; stir until combined.
- Bake on center rack for 45-50 minutes until an inserted knife comes out mostly clean.
- Allow to cool, slice, and serve.
- Publisher's Note : *Use Real Plans recipe or buy pureed pumpkin in a PBA-free can. Make this recipe ahead of time for quick grab-and-go breakfasts on busy mornings.