Perfectly fluffy. Just the right crisp to its edges. Drenched in maple syrup, if you please. Everyone asks for more cassava waffles. And no one realizes that these latticed gems are .
If you can still find stone fruit, top with < Baked Peaches and Plums with Vanilla .
- 1 1/4 c cassava flour
- 1/4 c arrowroot
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 1/4 c coconut oil, plus more for pan
- 13 1/2 oz coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a large bowl. Whisk well to combine. In a small bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix really well to combine.
- Heat your waffle iron to medium high heat. If your waffle iron needs to be oiled, brush it with coconut oil.
- Fill the waffle iron with the batter according to the iron instructions, and cook until steam stops rising and you can easily open the waffle iron. Cooking time will vary depending on your specific iron. Repeat until all the batter is gone. Gently remove the waffles and serve hot topped with a drizzle of maple syrup and/or your favorite toppings.