With the colorful splash stone fruit at your local market and filling produce stalls, it’s time you hauled a bag home and made something decidedly summer and deliciously sweet. Baked peaches and plums with vanilla, perhaps?
Peaches and plums swimming in their own candied juice and the warm, soft undertones of vanilla – it’s just the thing to spoon over fluffy Cassava Crepes .
Baked Peaches and Plums with Vanilla
- 1h 30m
- 1h 40m
- 5 ripe plums
- 5 ripe peaches
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- Preheat the oven to 225°F.
- Cut the plums and peaches in half and remove the stone.
- Arrange the plums and peaches in an oven safe dish with the skin side down.
- Scrape out the contents of the vanilla pod and mix it with the coconut sugar. Sprinkle half the vanilla sugar on top of the fruit, and place the pan in the middle of the oven. Save the rest of the vanilla sugar for later use, or use it to mix into some Greek yogurt and eat on the side with the baked plums and peaches.
- Bake the plums and peaches for approximately 1 hour and 30 min, until the fruit have curled up a little bit and look slightly baked and tender.