A good breakfast hash is complete. A sweet and savory dance on your palate while you get a little greens, a little protein, and lotta flavor. Our breakfast hash is a delicious and simple one-skillet wonder that takes all of 20 minutes to prepare. Easy enough to pull together before you rush out the door and perfect for a lazy Sunday morning.
While we’re not promising you’ll have leftovers – if you do, roll the hash in Yuca Plantain Flatbread (AIP) with a smattering of fresh arugula for a quick and scrumptious lunch.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1/2 lb AIP sausage
- 1 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz spinach
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- Peel and chop the sweet potato. Crush the garlic. Peel and chop the onion. Remove sausage from casing.
- In a skillet, sauté oil and garlic over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add in chopped sweet potato and stir.
- After 4-5 minutes, add in onion.
- Let sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in sausage, breaking it into small pieces as you stir. Cook until until the sausage is no longer pink.
- Mix in fresh spinach, and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until sautéed.
- Remove skillet from heat and serve hot.