Well known as a recipe to serve when entertaining, this AIP compliant version of chicken marbella is easy to prepare in advance and simply pop in the oven when the guests arrive. Even with no prep in advance, this dish goes from fridge to table in less than 30 minutes.
Not a fan of prunes? Swap them for dried apricots or figs for a fresh take on the original version. Serve up next to a simple salad or side of greens.
Chicken Marbella (AIP)
- 4.0 stars
- 3 cloves garlic
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 3 oz capers
- 6 oz green olives, pitted
- 1 c prunes, pitted
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Peel and finely chop garlic.
- Combine all ingredients in an oven safe baking dish. Season with sea salt. Flip the chicken pieces over a few times to make sure they are coated in the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven and serve.