Well known as a recipe to serve when entertaining, this AIP compliant version of chicken marbella is easy to prepare in advance and simply pop in the oven when the guests arrive. Even with no prep in advance, this dish goes from fridge to table in less than 30 minutes.
Not a fan of prunes? Swap them for dried apricots or figs for a fresh take on the original version. Serve up next to a simple salad or side of greens.
Chicken Marbella (AIP)
- 3.4 stars
- 3 cloves garlic
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 3 oz capers
- 6 oz green olives, pitted
- 1 c prunes, pitted
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Peel and finely chop garlic.
- Combine all ingredients in an oven safe baking dish. Season with sea salt. Flip the chicken pieces over a few times to make sure they are coated in the mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven and serve.
double this for sure!!! yummy!!
Tangy and tasty. Love how simple this recipe is to make. Took my oven longer to cook than the recommended time, but that was no big deal. Just keep an eye on it!
Is this really AIP? Between the vinegar in olives and capers, plus the histamines and sulfites in the 2 added vinegars, I’m not sure how this recipe is AIP. I had a serious reaction. it was super tasty, and easy to make, but proceed with caution.
Super quick and easy recipe, but I’m not sure it makes up for the bland meat and pale, flabby skin. Next time I will try marinating the chicken first and starting it skin side down in a hot skillet.
This was pretty good. I will repeat it. I like the fact that i have most ingredients on hand.