If I had to pick just one favorite part of these delicious beef barbacoa bowls, I wouldn’t know where to start. It might be that you can eat on the brisket meat for days so you don’t have to cook all week long. Or that it’s super easy to transport for a work lunch. Of course, there’s also the fact that my kids gobble it up like there’s no tomorrow.
If you get tired of eating the leftover barbacoa in bowl form, use the beef to top baked sweet potatoes, as the base for a breakfast hash or wrap it in coconut flour tortillas for paleo enchiladas.
Beef Barbacoa Bowls
- 4.3 stars
- 6h 30m
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 1 avocados
- 1 tomatoes
- 1/2 lb spinach
- 2 green onions
- 1 bay leaves
- 1/2 red onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 limes
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 2 lb beef brisket, or chuck roast
- 2 c cauliflower rice
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, or fat of choice
- 2 tsp. coarse sea salt, to taste
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper, to taste
- Divide the cilantro. Peel and cut the red onion into large chunks.
- Peel and smash the cloves of garlic.
- In a food processor with the s-blade, pulse half the cilantro, red onion, garlic, chipotle powder, cloves, salt, lime juice, and apple cider vinegar until smooth.
- Add sauce to the slow cooker and place the brisket on top of this mixture. Place bay leaves on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until the meat pulls apart easily.
- Dice the green onions. Peel and slice the avocado. Dice and seed the tomatoes. Steam the spinach.
- Use two forks to shred the meat.
- For the Cauliflower Rice: Break cauliflower into florets; chop the onion and mince the garlic. Use a food processor to pulse the cauliflower florets into a rice-like texture.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic for 3–4 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add in the cauliflower rice and sauté for an additional 4–5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the beef on top of bowls of cauliflower rice with avocado, tomato, spinach, green onions and cilantro.