Summer may be officially over, but BBQ never goes out of season. This tangy and sweet tomato-based BBQ sauce has all the flavors you love – without refined sugar or additives.
Naturally sweet notes from applesauce. A hit of apple cider vinegar. And the aromatic richness of cumin mixed with paprika, allspice, and a touch of cayenne pepper.
Use your sauce as you please. If you’re in the mood for traditional BBQ, brush these BBQ Pork Ribs with your Whole30 approved sauce and cook them – low and slow.
BBQ Sauce (Whole30 Approved)
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 head garlic
- 1 c chicken stock, or beef stock
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 1 c applesauce
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- 2 tbsp. celery salt
- 1 c tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Dice onion and garlic.
- Heat onions & garlic in stock on medium stove heat.
- Turn stove heat down to low. Add all other ingredients, and combine completely by stirring.
- Cook for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally until desired consistency is reached.
- Use immediately or store in the fridge for later use.