The ingredients in a salad are important, for sure. But we find that one of the secrets to a good salad shakes out in a good, simple dressing. We’ve written all about how to make the best homemade salad dressing in this post.
This salad has it all going on, especially when you score your asparagus, tomato, and avocado ripe and in season. Slice them up and top them with a mixture of good extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Delicious and impressive can be as easy as this.
Asparagus, Tomato & Avocado Salad
- 5.0 stars
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 small lemon
- 2 c cherry tomatoes, or grape tomatoes
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/3 tsp. sea salt, or to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Steam asparagus with a thin layer of filtered water for about 2 minutes or until asparagus is bright green and tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Squeeze lemon juice. Cut mini tomatoes in halves. Peel and cut avocado into 1 inch cubes. Chop basil.
- In a large bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and sea salt until well combined.
- Add asparagus, tomato, avocado, and basil. Stir to coat evenly with dressing. Season with fresh ground pepper and serve.