Tahini noodles – a chilled salad with the nutty flavor of sesame seeds – make an easy side dish with an Asian-fusion flair.
The deep toasted notes of tahini. A sprinkle of coconut sugar and a splash of rice wine vinegar. Toss crunchy purple cabbage and carrots with a hearty green like kale in a sauce so good, you’ll want to drink it. Sriracha isn’t required, but we think a hint of heat does good things for your taste buds.
Serve tahini noodles alongside for a complete meal (and a complete protein).
- 1 lime
- 1/4 c tahini
- 6 tbsp. tamari
- 3 tbsp. filtered water
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 tbsp. sriracha, plus more to taste
- 1/4 head purple cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1 c kale
- 1 handful cilantro
- 1/2 lb brown rice spaghetti noodles
- black sesame seeds, for garnish
- Cook the pasta, drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, juice the lime and stir in the tahini, tamari, filtered water, coconut sugar, rice vinegar, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and optional sriracha.
- Shred the cabbage. Peel and shred the carrots. Thinly slice the kale. Chop the cilantro.
- Add the veggies to the bowl with the sauce and toss to coat. Then add the pasta and do the same.
- Garnish with optional sesame seeds and serve.