A real food platter that will not only dazzle your taste buds – but keep you well-nourished. Now that’s worth talking about. This ricotta crostini party offers the delicious balance between ricotta cheese and an assortment of both sweet and savory toppings.
If you want to go the extra mile, you could even try your hand at making your own ricotta – using some full-fat milk and heavy cream, of course.
Looking for another set of small bites? Try Tomatoes Provencal .
Ricotta Crostini Party
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs mint
- 1 sprig dill
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 bunch radish
- 1 lemon
- 1 c blueberries
- 4 tbsp. raw honey
- coarse sea salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 french baguette
- 16 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, hard boiled
- 1/2 bunch chives
- Slice baguette into 1/3 inch thick slices. Toast the slices spread generously with ricotta. Then top with:
- Hard boiled egg, sliced and topped with minced chives and sprinkled with sea salt.
- Thinly sliced cucumbers, mint and dill - drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt.
- Leeks caramelized in butter, sprinkled with sea salt and fresh pepper.
- Thinly sliced radishes sprinkled with sea salt and finished with a squeeze of lemon
- Fresh blueberries drizzled with raw honey and sprinkled with lemon zest.