There may be a chill in the air, but that’s never a good reason to pass on pumpkin ice cream. Especially when it’s filled with warming spices like cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
This homemade pumpkin ice cream is brimming with all the flavors of fall and because we keep it simple – eggs, cream, and raw honey – you can rest easy knowing that this pleasure isn’t so guilty.
If you’re feeling extra celebratory, pair pumpkin ice cream with a slice of moist and delicious apple cake.
Pumpkin Ice Cream
- 1h 30m
- 1/2 c pumpkin puree
- 1/4 c raw honey
- 8 eggs
- 1 c milk
- 2 1/2 c cream
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- For a silky smooth presentation, press the cooked pumpkin through a fine metal sieve. Otherwise, place your puree in a fine sieve and allow any liquid to drip through the sieve while you complete the steps below.
- Beat eggs until smooth and then completely combine honey in eggs. The eggs help to dissolve the honey nicely.
- Add cream, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Completely combine ingredients and use a whisk to combine pumpkin puree with coconut milk and egg mixture.
- Add whisked together ingredients to already running ice cream machine. Process according to instructions of your machine.
- Pack into a freezer safe container. When serving, top with a pinch of allspice.