Freshen up the classic bean and rice combo with a pop of fresh herbs like chives and dill. Imagine the crunch of cucumber, silky clouds of goat cheese, and a touch of lemon. Herbed orzo and white bean salad might become a regular around your parts. Especially when it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.
Pack your herbed orzo and white bean salad with a couple of Parsnip Cakes and toss in a bag with some coconut water kefir and an old quilt. Then make your way to the beach for a perfect summer afternoon.
Herbed Orzo and White Bean Salad
- 5.0 stars
- 2 c uncooked orzo
- 2 english cucumbers
- 1/2 c chives
- 30 oz cooked white beans
- 8 oz goat cheese
- 1/2 c fresh dill
For the dressing:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill
- 1 tbsp. coarse sea salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook orzo pasta according to package directions. Drain the orzo and rinse with cold water.
- Chop the cucumbers and dice the chives.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled orzo, white beans, cucumbers, dill, and chives. Crumble the goat cheese on top.
- For the dressing: Mince the garlic and juice the lemon.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over salad and stir until well combined. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for later.